Payment for Services

Payment methods

While Union Community Care charges fees for the healthcare services we provide, there are many different payment methods that keep our services affordable to patients. We care for patients with no insurance, commercial insurance, Medical Assistance* or Medicare. 

If you are not sure if your health insurance covers our services, please call 717-299-6371 and ask to connect with our Billing Department.

Sliding Fee Discount Program

Our Sliding Fee Discount Program offers a discounted rate or nominal fee for medical and preventive dental services offered at our centers based on household income and size.

STARTING July 1: All Patients on the Sliding Fee Discount Program (mainly patients without insurance) will pay a new rate for medical exams and dental exams, x-rays and cleanings. All payments are due at time of visit:
Sliding Scale A: $25.00

Sliding Scale B: $35.00
Sliding Scale C: $45.00
Sliding Scale D: $50.00

What is the Sliding Fee Discount Program?

The Sliding Fee Discount Program is available to all Union Community Care patients with income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. These guidelines consider annual household income and household size. The Sliding Fee Discount Program is available for both uninsured and insured patients. We apply the discount to visit costs, deductibles, coinsurance, and prescriptions through our 340B partnership. All remaining charges are to be paid after we apply the discount.

How do I apply for the Sliding Fee Discount Program?

Patients must share their household size (including spouse and all dependents) and provide documentation of income for all household members. They can apply for the Sliding Fee Discount Program during registration at any appointment (please bring income documentation).

What counts as documentation of income?

  • Federal 1040 Form (from income tax return), if applicable (from last year) or
  • One month of current pay stubs (paystubs must be from within the last 3 months) or
  • Unemployment stub (from current year) or
  • Letter from employer on company letterhead (from current year) or
  • Award or benefits letter. Example: SSI/SSDI benefits (from current year) or
  • If you have none of the above, a letter of reference from a 501(c)(3) organization. Example: Church, United Way Organization, etc. (from current year)
  • If you are unable to provide any of these forms of income documentation, please ask a Union Community Care staff member for help

How long does the Sliding Fee Discount last?

Patients must reapply every year for the Sliding Fee Discount Program.